Sesame Seed Metering Disk
Are you still using a Drill to plant your sesame? The RRV Sesame Disk lets you use a planter and get the job done quicker! This plastic disk uses a similar design to the John Deere Sugar Beet or Milo Disks but instead of 45 cells, the Sesame Disk features 90 cells. With the high seeding rates of sesame, this allows you to boost your tractors ground speed up from John Deere’s recommended speed of 3 mph to 5 mph.
The disk uses a vacuum to suck the seed to it, then it rotates and drops the seed down a seed tube into the ground. The Knock-Out wheel rolls along the suction side of the disk to push out any stuck sesame seeds or debris that may get caught in the holes. Click here to see the Knock-Out Wheel.
Wearing out your disks faster than you’d like? Checkout the Wear Strips from RRV and protect your disks from avoidable wear!
The RRV Sesame Disk is ideal for Canola, Sesame, and other small seed.
- Save up to 50% in seed costs
- Germination rates of 90% or better
- Boost tractor ground speed to 6mph
- Turns much slower than the John Deere sugar beet or sorghum disks which only have 45 cells
- 90 cell plastic disk compatible with mechanical knock-out wheel (not included)