- The “Aricks Wheel” is an enormous time saver and basically no-till!
- Eliminating steps such as burning off, working-up
- Minimal soil disturbance resulting in no new weed growth, less chemical application
- More consistent and even seed placement
- Greatly reduces the risk of ‘hair pinning’
- Easy to install to John Deere 60/90 series
- Currently fit the John Deere 1590/1890 &1895 Series openers, can be adapted to suit other makes of disc openers
- Very beneficial in the correct placement of small seed i.e. Canola, Clover, Lucerne and Fertilizers
- Dramatic increase in the percentage of germination, therefore increasing soil carbon levels
- Assist greatly with moving damp straw from rain or heavy dews, allowing less downtime from wet conditions
- 10mm Bisalloy Steel Plate toothed wheel
- Cast steel body and arm
- 32mm high tensile chrome pivot pin
- Heavy duty hub with fully sealed maintenance free bearing
- 5mm stainless steel lifting cable
- Non greaseable bush
I bought my 40-ft JD 1890 in 2010, and in 2016 I bought Aricks residue managers. The results I had sowing into dry heavy stubble were amazing — I could see the difference the residue managers made immediately — it was a great result. They should come standard on all JD disc machines — it’s a no brainer. I wish I had put them on 7 years ago.
I’ve had them on my 1895 for 7 or 8 years, covering 40,000 – 50,000 acres. They work. I couldn’t imagine not having them. They extend the number of days we can work — we can get on soft fields sooner [when cutting would be a problem]. The sort of days we can pick up are after a light shower that dampens the straw but not the soil. We can also start earlier each morning and go later in the evening…. I’m impressed the condition they are in after so many acre…. No problems in soybean, canola, field pea, faba bean, or flax stubble. No problems in cereals harvested with a stripper head. But in corn stalks, we had to lock them up.