We started planting soybeans and we still had rubber on half the rows. We noticed that the emergence on the Soybeans were coming up in 30″ rows and were coming up 2 days sooner. That made a believer out of me.
Even considering the wet spring and the tough conditions we had, we had really good emergence behind the planter, better then what I would’ve expected. So we’re really happy with what we saw, even with the adverse conditions we fought.
I did an advertisement for the Copperhead Furrow Cruiser, and they sent me four rows worth and I put them on my planter. After that first day of actually planting, I ordered them for the entire planter because I saw the way it was crumbling the dirt behind those packing wheels… It just makes a better seedbed.