Closing Wheel Frame Repair Kit
This kit replaces the bushing on a closing wheel arm with a bearing. It can be used on brand new planters and on planters that already have some wear to the closing wheel arm. Having the closing wheel arms tight is critical to keeping closing wheels centered on the seed trench and ensuring that your closing wheel can operate at peak performance. If your arm is worn, you will need to weld a bearing housing on to the outside of the tailpiece to hold a ball bearing. If the closing wheel arm is new, this is not necessary and saves a lot of cost and work.
If your planter is an early 7000 you should consider purchasing a new closing wheel frame. The curved tube that supports the closing wheel bearing shafts is very weak on these early frames. Any replacement frame will have a stronger tube.
Price is per tailpiece (2 bearings/bushings included).
- Eliminate closing wheel frame alignment adjustments
- Proper frame alignment = centered rows
- Repair any amount of wear
- Eliminate wear with a rubberized bearing
- Keep closing wheels centered in the seed trench
- John Deere (All MaxEmerge Models)
- White 8000