Sidewall compaction is a thing of the past!
The Copperhead Furrow Cruiser’s unique design allows you to crumble the soil and firm it around the seed all with one set of spiked wheels.
There may be a lot of spiked closing wheels on the market, but none of them have addressed both stages of the process; crumbling and firming. Most will address only the crumbling process, offering no solution to firm the soil, causing sidewall lift and uneven seed depth.
If you’ve been using one spiked wheel and one press wheel to crumble your sidewalls and set your depth you are only doing half the job, now with the Furrow Cruiser you can crumble both sides of the seed trench while setting the depth at the same time. Furrow Cruisers feature a beveled wide bottom combined with a spike to achieve both steps on both sides of the seed trench, meaning you get optimal depth control and the best seed emergence possible.
The patented tooth design of the Furrow Cruiser allows you to keep going, even when the conditions are less than ideal, with no clean out required. The spacing and shape of the Furrow Cruiser is unique to the industry, causing it to consistently yield better than the competition.
The Furrow Cruiser is available in standard depth, ideal for corn and soybeans, or shallow depth best suited for canola or sugar beets. These wheels have the added benefit of being reversible – when you wear out one side, simply flip it and keep going! These wheels are good for at least 500 acres per row per side and built with a special poly-blend material making them unbreakable in the field.
Furrow Cruisers are sold in sets of 2, complete with spacers, washers bearings and hubs.
- Ensure seed to soil contact
- Work in virtually all soil and tillage conditions
- Prevents furrows from re-opening
- Allows young roots to penetrate the sidewalls
- Provides simultaneous firming and crumbling on both sides of the seed trench
- Eliminate air pockets
- Improve emergence
- Cleans out well, ensuring that the planter can continue to run even in oversaturated soil
- Built-in depth control
- Compatible with multiple crops
- Made with UHMW Poly Material
- Includes hubs
- 16 angular teeth
- Shallow depth option available
- Will fit planters with a bolt on “V” style closing system
- Spacing and washers included
- JD 1700
- DB and Max Emerge Series
- Kinze 1993 and Newer
- White 6000
- 8000 and 9000 Series
- Great Plains
- Case IH SDX No-Till Drills