Concave System (Case IH)
This is the original Concave System that was designed by Donnie Estes from Frankfurt Indiana. The OEM John Deere and Case round bar concave is made with 5/8″ bars and 5/8″ spacing. The Copperhead Concave System is designed with a 68% larger opening. The extra space between the bars allows you to unload threshed grain in the Concave section of the combine, rather than carrying it all the way through to the separating section, which overloads the separator. The main reason for rotor loss is overloading the the separating system.
The machined, 90 degree, hard-surfaced, notch on the face of the bars, restricts the flow. Restricted flow forces the grain to thresh quickly, keeping the machine from overloading the separating section. This system does not require the concave to be full to get the grain to thresh properly, the restricted flow is what gets the crop to thresh properly.
The third concave in this system is a separating concave. No threshing happens in this section, due to increased threshing in the first two sections with the notched round bar. Having a separating concave is, again, critical to unloading threshed gain from the system to decrease overload of the separating section.
The Copperhead Concave System uses three cover plates. Two in the first concave and one in the second concave section. The cover plates are completely adjustable and/or removable, which is what allows you to harvest any crop with the same set of concaves! With the ability to easily adjust the system, you will be able to dial in close to ZERO rotor loss.
- Eliminates rotor loss
- Increase capacity in all crops
- Decrease grain damage (less cracks, splits, and broken cobs)
- Decrease fuel consumption
- Cleaner grain sample
- Eliminate changing concaves for different crops
- Increase harvested bushels/acre
- Run combine on slower rotor speed
- Unloads the concave quicker
- 10X threshing improvement (compared to round bar design)
- Notched bar design
- Increased space between bars
- Adjustable & removable cover plates
- Universal crop design
- 135% more threshing surface area (compared to OEM model)
- Includes disrupter lugs
- Additional rice spike bars required for Case IH model (additional $30USD/rice spike)
- Case IH